Wednesday, March 31, 2010

BEFORE MY DREAM CAME TRUE; JAPAN JOURNEY

Japan, the fascinating country which a lot of people dream to visit including me.

For 2 years ago I had ever applied for exchanged student in Yamakuchi hospital, the scholarship program of faculty of medicine Siriraj Hospital. Though defeat of this competition give me a good chance to have memorable time in Tzu Chi University; Taiwan instead, I have still dreamt of Japan travelling all along.

My dream was far from coming true because Japan living expenses is too high. It is too difficult for me to make a decision to lay out almost all of my whole life savings for that, till something activated my hided aspire to alive again.

In November 2009 the scholarship for exchanged student in Tokyo University is announced. It was such a bad news of my closed friends to lose this selection. We discussed about ourselves Japan travelling half-seriously. I couldn’t believe that it became serious planning soon to go Japan in last vacation after graduation. I had made my decision so long time, considered between the benefit of travelling aboard that I realized it is such a valuable experience, memorable time and get one’s money worthwhile if you can effort, and the disadvantage of my financial problem.

Actually, my family is not well off, going aboard is too wasteful for asking any support. Absolutely, I will use my savings that most of them came from my part time job for example high school tutor, research assistant, health counselor of private clinic, and interpreter that is enough for this journey expense. However, I still felt guilty to be extravagant while my family have faced to financial problem occasionally.

While I was confused, my senior friends had recounted about their previous abroad journeys in Japan, Italy, etc. Those excellent experiences are valuable, many people appreciate journey to reward themselves after do hard-working even though all of their savings must be lost for that, it is worthwhile. And he does either. That seem God’s whisper to push on me to decide travelling to Japan in economical condition strictly.

Around 1 week before Japan VISA request, my grandmother got accident; falling in my home during walking to restroom in nighttime. She had left neck of femur fracture (Garden classification type IV). The first choice treatment is operation; left Hip Hemiarthroplasty. Medical treatment costs is more than 100,000 Bath. Absolutely, I decided not to go to Japan immediately and planed to pay for medical fee myself. But It may be too difficult for my mom to accept money from the young that had not earnings yet, she deny my support and accept my closed cousin's help instead. Fortunately, due to I am a medical student, Professor Kirati, one of the famous Orthologist, accepted to be possessed physician and permitted Emergency health insurance that lessened the expense from 100,000+ to around 50,000Bath. After operation my granny get better very soon and discharged from Siriraj Hospital.

Then I went to request Japan VISA with my friends while I was still hesitant whether I was really going to Japan. I faced obstacle again when my documents were not accepted due to I used my own statement instead of my parent’s one. Hence, I wrote long essay for VISA request and just waited for result. Whatever the outcome is, I supposed it was benefit, in case VISA was permitted, I had definitely decided to prove the reputation of charming country of Japan myself. Conversely, it was also good for me to save my money and not being a luxurious girl comparable with my family financial status if my VISA was not passed.

Eventually, I could not believe that my VISA was permitted. And because I planned to travel as prudently as possible, we had to reserved everything in advanced. Because of searching for the cheapest airplane tickets, cheapest JR tickets and reasonable price of accommodation, it made my kind companion feel uncomfortable however they still accepted my request, THANK YOU SO MUCH. Finally, we could accomplish, got the cheapest airplane tickets for this season 17,000 Bath, JR 10,150 Bath, and low-cost hostels.

No comments: