Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 5: BEPPU

Hiding myself in warm blanket in cold weather is too comfortable to be defeated sleepiness and wake up in early morning. You may not imagine how fatigue we were, every single morning started very early, walked almost all day for miles and came back to our placed late night. Today we had tight planning as well, Dazaifu shrine in morning and take on the shinkansen to Bebpu. I still felt exhausted from our journey and also nightmare last night. I dreamt that I was the witness of murder accidentally and escape the murderer from killing. It was extremely stressed and excited. Hence, this morning, I wouldn’t like to awake up till my clock alarm.

“Knock knock” the door was knocked from outside. Poom climbed from her bed to open the door. Sunchai was in ready suit and informed that it was much late from appointed time; 8am. Oh my God!!! So sorry that my mobile phone was out of order, could not alarm, unfortunately, Sung and Poom hadn’t set alarming either. We were late too much for the tight schedule today Huh!!!!

On the train, Sunchai appreciated a handsome train conductor and couldn’t stand asking him to take photo together. Oops!! Hope the smart guy didn’t feel terrified all Thai tourist. Haha><
Dazaifu is interesting and beautiful. Other than Dazaifu shrine, there are lots of temples around there. What a pity!! We had limited time in Dazaifu (including transportation duration around 2+ hours for round trip as well as difficult communication with nonverbal language that was also our obstruction).


Moreover, it was raining so we visited there just ineffective short time. Eventhough there are lots of hindrance today, I still impress Dazaifu.




Then we went back to get our luggage and took on the train to Bebpu, the next destination. Although I had more sleeping time last night (because late waking up), I slept deeply on the train as usual.
The train ran in Bebpu, well-known Hot spring town that I had never thought it was such a beautiful suburb, nature and fume of Hot spring decorate this town to be pleasant and far from chaos and rush life style from the city. Absolutely, it was too late to go to famous hot spring (8 hells of Beppu) so after keeping our luggage in Khoasan Bebpu hostel, we headed to take a bath in public hot spring (onsen).
Onsen, Japanese hot spring that is the representative of social equality of Japanese people, we must be naked there in public bath. Due to I had ever gone Hot Spring in Taiwan, unclothed bath was not the terrible thing at all. But my friend, Poom got trouble, she shocked after facing completely undressed women in dressing room, and she absolutely refused to be naked in onsen.
Sung and I made an effort to convince her, finally she accept to bathe with her towel when not being in bathtub. I might be in onsen too long, I felt dizzy from vasodilation. But I still love hot shower, especially relaxing in hot bathtub of Onsen that make me feel good.

Beppu Tower was our next station after nice and reasonable price dinner. 300 yen was paid for it, there was nothing interesting there, you shouldn't visit , other than old folk meeting.

No comments: