Sunday, May 18, 2008

VERY SORRY … FINALLY I CANNOT GO TO UMP PANG

I prepared myself for this camp all along 1 month, asked and granted this privilege to others and was usually disappointed when receiving cancel. But finally, I am the one that cannot get this opportunity… what a bad girl I am!!! You are much disappointed in me, aren’t you???

As everyone know from the news, a plenty of natural disasters happen, Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar: our neighbor country, earthquake in china, Tornado in USA, etc.. it seems God is punishing human for our fault. A numerous disaster is reflecting environmental carelessness and destroying of us…. WHAT A PITY!!!

The night before departure for my camp, my mom called me to beg for camp cancelling. Warning of flood and raining was declared by Meteorological Department, Tak, our destination was part of that area.

Actually, my mom and my family hadn’t agreed with me in traveling there, a long and dangerous journey at night. Ump Pang is a rural district that is faraway from Bangkok, going there must be taken 12 hours by bus along somewhat difficult way. Hard route along the mountain in rainy season and dark night journey make my family worried about my safety much. In addition, declaration of flood in that area make them disallow me decisively.

I realize that our life is very fragile as thread. Just a moment of ACCIDENT or any DISASTER can change our life, take away our breath. Anyway DEATH is not too horrible for the death at all. I may feel grateful for that to liberate me from the chaos of human life. On the contrary one’s passing away give ultimate grief to the living ones much more.
Besides unless God accept one’s death, how terrible life the one is to get handicap or paralysis instead!! It’s much more suffering to alive with collapsing hope and dream..

Finally I cannot resist my family’s opinion. Cancel this camp give me lots of regret as well. I have no idea when this privilege will come again… this time I can only pray for the other campers to be safe and make a numerous benefit to the poor children for me too…

Good Luck…

2 comments:

Neumed said...

No, I would never be disappointed in you. Instead, I am amazed and humbled by your kind and generous heart.

This camp was simply not meant to be and I am glad you chose to listen to the sound advice of your parents. This shows that you have wisdom to go with your compassion.

There will be other camps and other opportunities to serve the needy. They need you alive and well... so take care of yourself and don't try to take on more than is humanly possible.

Toon_nita said...

Cheer up!!!
U've done your best.

by the way,did u heard that it's have a collapsed bridge s.where in Tak..